From the start of World War II the plant "Bolshevik"was evacuated to the Urals. A new foundry workshopwas launched together with the Uralians on the plantUralkhimmash, which allowed providing with the castings for UAZ,bomb cases,and shells already in November 1941.
Press forging shop was built and put into operation in 1943. At the origins of the workshop there were experts, who came from the plant "Bolshevik".
In 2002, as a result of the structural reorganization of OJSC "Uralkhimmash" on the basis of the foundry, forging, modeling and mechanical workshops, the company LLC "Ural metallurgical plant" was created.
In 2009, LLC "Ural metallurgical plant" entered into the group of OJSC "UNITED HEAVY MACHINERY PLANTS", shareholder ofwhich is OJSC "Gazprombank".
Today the company has the latest technology to provide individual and small-scale production of forgings.